cut up technique poem                                                                 I went to Scunthorpe Museum today for a Tinpot book event. It started with a ‘treasure hunt’ around the museum answering questions about the objects we were looking for, it was really aimed at families but I wasn’t the only lone adult. There was then a choice between writing a poem or a little story to go at the front of the book pages. I chose to do a poem using the cut up technique which involved writing one word or phrase taken from the sheets we’d filled in on the ‘treasure hunt’ and then arranging them into a poem using a few linking words. The book cover was then decorated before the book was  stitched together with raffia using Japanese stitch. I did arrange my cover but left it to assemble at home as the pva would have taken to long to dry to stitch it together. Tomorrow.
Advertisements