For some reason I have not been able to get into my blog in the last few weeks. Time has been pretty tight, and on the odd few occasions when I’ve tried to blog, it just wouldn’t work. Frustrating!

This is one of the things I’ve worked on and finally finished. It needed sequins and beads, lining and cording.

I used two different size gold sequins put randomly around the embroidery. I seen one or two others finished and realised that I needed to keep the sequins in quite tight to fit them on the front and to keep them away from the seam at the bottom.

IMG_3256

A selection of beads in the same  and toning colours as the stitching were used to anchor the sequins down.

IMG_3257

This lemon printed fabric came with the kit for the lining.

IMG_3484

Much as I like it, it wasn’t right with the colours of the embroidery and the design was too large.

The burgundy and gold from my rose window quilt worked much better. I used the burgundy for the french knots and beads for the flower centre.

IMG_3485

The embroidered piece was machine stitched to the lining with right sides together, leaving a small gap for turning through on one side which was hand stitched. The two sides were hand stitching together to make the back seam.

The same burgundy stranded cotton was used for  cording that edged the seams across the top and down the back.

IMG_3483

Detail of the corded back seam.

IMG_3481

The finished scissor keeper. The end of the cord made a tiny tassel at the bottom.

IMG_3482

Advertisements